We all know Sonam is Bollywood’s fashion icon. Check out some of her top saree styles! We’re loving how creative and unconventional they all are.
This pink and silver dhoti saree by Anamika Khanna
Golden dhoti saree by Anamika Khanna
This simple black-and-white dhoti saree by Tarun Tahiliani
Another creatively draped saree by Anamika Khanna
Denim saree-pants ensemble by Masaba Gupta
Another pink-black dhoti-saree by Anamika Khanna
This sexy stunner by Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla
This handwoven khadi saree by Anavila Misra
This jacket-saree by Anamika Khanna
Futuristic fashion by Rimzim Dadu
An angrakha style saree by Rahul Mishra
All-over prints with an edgy collared blouse by Anamika Khanna
Masoom Minawala recently tied the knot with her beau Shailin and we’re thrilled! For those of you who don’t know who this talented woman is, she is the face and brains behind the blog Style Fiesta.
And being so fabulous in the fashion and style space, of course she ensured that every detail of her wedding was bound to be all things gorgeous. For now though, we bring to you the Mehndi series.
This stunning Mehndi design had personalised elements from Masoom and Shailin’s love story like The London Eye, where Shailin asked Masoom to be his girlfriend.
Her gorgeous blue mehndi lehenga was designed by Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, which by default made it fabulous.
The Mehndi décor done by Altair blew us away with all of its personalised, creative and pinterest-worthy elements. Masoom wanted the decor for this day to be a compilation of her favourite things with a blend of dreamy, mystical, bohemian elements. The brilliant photography by WeddingNama brought each detail to life.
“I worked with Masoom for almost 6 months to bring this far-fetched Pinterest dream into a reality. After lists and lists of elements from her husband Shailin and her love story, to her hobbies, we ideated and ideated until we had a mood board that synced with our visions. Masoom wanted the venue to look like a little magical haven.” –Nikita Nikalje, Altair
Check out the stunning details:
– White Garden Chairs for a relaxed theatre seating during dance performances.
– Picnic table-bench seating in a raw-birch finish with a Chantilly lace runner, accessorized with bright florals and a touch of gold.
– Ferris wheels as table centre-pieces to represent London Eye (Where Shailin asked Masoom out on a date 5 years ago).
– Chip-chop game strewn around the tables with a ‘Would You Rather Game’ inside to represent her love for games, and most importantly, for an impromtu Would You Rather session.
– Handpicked Persian carpets with delicate motifs in shades of ivory, maroon and tan, forming an entrance walkway into the venue.
– Book & bulb hanging installation to represent her love for reading.
– Overflowing script photobooth with their love story inscribed within.
– Ivory crochet boho dream catchers as a periphery by the sea encompassed the vibe for the night.
– Customized flex on bar with LED heart trio.
– CEO/CFO Chairs, cuz #GirlBoss.
– Draped entrance aligned with coral trunks and cottage white crates, donned with ornate frames, chrome lanterns and vintage tea cups.
– Steps with clusters of glass jars, vases and pots in miscellaneous shapes and sizes, adorning the descending steps with foliage runners, candles and chai pyaalis.
– Hand painted song lyrics that symbolize Shailoom over wooden boards – finished with few sprigs of eucalyptus.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Replace potato with sweet potato which has lesser calories and carbs. They are also nutritional powerhouses. They are rich in fibre and keep you from cravings.
Bake them instead of frying them. Sweet potatoes are ideal for weight loss/maintenance.
Dark chocolate is made from cacao beans that have the highest concentration of antioxidants. Go for dark chocolate that is 70% dark or higher to avoid sugar intake.
Popcorn is a whole-grain snack. It is high in fibre and volume, both of which help you feel full. Avoid flavoured ones that have a lot of fat. Go for plain.
Negative calorie fruits are those that burn more calories than they contain by digesting. A few great options are apples, bananas, strawberries (all berries), pineapple, grapefruit, watermelon (high water content also keeps you full and from overeating).
Greek yogurt is packed with protein. It takes 18% more energy to digest than fat. Avoid flavoured types. Add fruits for taste.
Cover picture: lorenaonfit, instagram.